POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clean Slate : Re: Clean Slate Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clean Slate
From: Marc
Date: 14 Sep 2006 10:56:37
Message: <45096da5$1@news.povray.org>

450966eb$1@news.povray.org...
> I have been looking at your panorama and I feel each time more drawn into
> it. As a geologist, I am fascinated by those volcanic dykes that
criss-cross
> the landscape. The absence of vegetation suggests to me a world from the
> Precambrian, lets say a billion years ago, before the emergence of life. I
> am not sure however, if then the sky was blue as there was no oxygen yet
in
> the atmosphere. And the haze strongly suggests a carbon dioxide-rich
> atmosphere.
>
> Thomas

You mean no life on dry land but may be a lot underwater... blue algae and
cyanobacteriae could be at work for ages yet
But it is true that the atmosphere was not so oxygenated than after the
carbonifer era which fixed most of the carbon dioxid we are releasing back
now.
If I'm wrong, please correct me :-)
Marc